Monday, September 6, 2010

Father's Day!

Hello and happy Monday!

Today I thought I'd share with you a "behind the scenes" look at my Father's Day gift to my dad. My recent trip to Berry proved to be very fruitful as not only did I buy mum's birthday present (see my previous post) but I also picked up this beautiful old box while I was down there.


It is handmade and a little battered which is just how I like my old pieces to be! I printed up the tag and the "outside" look was complete.

Now anyone who knows my dad knows that he loves his minties and shortbread biscuits. He also has a particular fondness for strawberry and rhubarb tarts from a certain bakery in Balmain. Luckily, I was able to get to said bakery on Saturday afternoon (thankyou for keeping me company lovely husband!) and pick up a couple of these for him. I wrapped these individually, along with some shortbread and minties, made some bunting and this is what the box looked like on the inside




Pretty sweet - literally!

And if that wasn't enough of a sugar fix for one night, I also made this cake to take to dinner


I don't think that there is such a thing as too much sugar is there?!

See you soon,
Stephie x

No comments:

Post a Comment