Monday, October 11, 2010

Let me tell you a story...

Hello and happy Monday! I hope your weekend was fun and relaxing.

You may remember a couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I had a story that I would save for another post. Well today is the day to tell it!

This time a year ago, I set up for the first time at the Kirribilli Art and Design Markets. I was sooo nervous and wanted to make everything look just right. As I was setting up, a man jogged past, stopped and started giving some giraffes that I had made a pretty thorough going over.

Hmmm I thought, what does he want?! At which point, he asked me whether or not I made kangaroos. As I had never given any thought to making a kangaroo, I replied that I didn't but I could probably design one - why do you ask?

"Well I run the Park Hyatt and I would love to have some kangaroos designed and made exclusively for the hotel." was the response.

"Oh" I answered, trying to look unphased, "I think I can do that" (Sure I can?!)

To cut a long story short, I was given a couple of weeks to design and bring prototypes to a meeting. I was so thrilled that they liked what I had designed and placed their first order. A couple of weeks ago, I completed another order.

Here's what they look like -





They're kind of unnerving when they are clustered "en masse". I usually leave them on the kitchen bench to freak my hubby out when he comes home!

All I can add is that one year on and 200 kangaroos later, you really never can tell who you will meet when you are out on the street! Oh, and if you'd like one, you just need to book a room at the Park Hyatt - cheap at half the price don't you think?!!

Stephie x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steph,
    These kangaroos are amazing! What a fantastic story.It pays to be out there as you never know who you meet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much. Please come back and visit soon! Stephie x

    ReplyDelete