Monday, January 31, 2011

It's time...

to have a little fun with the alphabet and so I thought I'd feature every letter in a separate post throughout the year. The posts won't be in alphabetical order - I wouldn't want to be too predictable - but I will get the ball rolling with the letter "A".



Image via here

 Antlers seem to be quite the decorating trend at the moment. I love that they lend themselves to so many different looks.

They can be light and contemporary -


















From left to right: Dear Deer Humane Antlers, Bookshelf by Antler & Co, faux taxidermy by Bornanoldsoul, lovely cross stitch cushions from Wallflower Cushions, very cool wall tatoo from The Made Shop, Nice wall clock, a beautiful antler basket and a gorgeous drawing from the very talented Kari Herer


a little more warm and traditional -







 
From left to right: Moose antler mini sculpture nutshell - can you believe how sweet this is?! From etsy seller artartist, Skull and Antlers photograph by Opart, original etching by Fleurografie, vintage deer antlers, Stag burlap giftie bags and Taxidermy Deer Wall Wear from Neawear


for boys -















Clockwise from the top: Kudu Miniature Horns and Skull (my husband tells me that Kudu are very tasty, hmmm!),   "Cariboo"  and "Antantlers" Prints from Hiss - I love these! Awesome antler frame from PaperdollwoodshopIdentity antler pillow and "Carry That Weight" print - just beautiful.


or girls -



















From top to bottom: Planet Fur's felt mounted deer head, White Wood Dweller brooch by Sweet Bestiary, "Girl with Antlers" mixed media painting by the wonderful Mary's Granddaughter, super cute Antler alphabet print by rachaelanderson, life size moose antlers, "These Girls" print by Prettylitttlethieves - I just love their work., "Roosting" print - seriously sweet- and Dooreh no. 3 by Doubleparlour

They can also be fun and whimsical  -

"Things with Antlers" Print via here



Something for everyone don't you think? So what are you waiting for? Time to get a little "Antler Action" in your life!

Happy Monday,
Stephie x

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful blog, I love it. Happy Monday to you!
    grt, Helmi

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful finds! happy new week to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou so much everyone for your lovely comments. I really appreciate them so much. I hope you have all had a great start to your week!

    Talk soon, Stephie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited to see the rest of your alphabet posts! I'm partial to the contemporary antlers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Victoria - I quite like the contemporary antlers too, especially Kari's work - it is so beautiful.

    I also love the Hiss prints and the Neawear cross stitch. There are so many talented people out there!

    Talk soon,
    Stephie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your post!!!!!!!!!!!!

    hey are you ok... I´ve been following the news about Yasi and I know it´s been really bad... I just hope everyone recovers soon... In Mexico we have hurricans and my sister lives in the area where they happen so I always worry for her...

    sending a big hug to your country!

    n

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much Norma! I am glad that you liked it!

    You are very kind to think of me. We are lucky, we live in New South Wales and not Queensland so are are OK, just very hot!

    Your poor sister, I don't know how I would cope living in a hurricane area. No wonder you worry.

    I am so so sorry I didn't enter the giveaway, I thought that my story was too boring but I will enter the next one for sure. You are very generous (and clever!)

    Talk soon and thanks again for thinking of me.

    Hugs to you,
    Stephie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the antlers. I want to make a doll with some. Super cute pics, I love them.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Tracy! I can't wait to see your antler dolls. Make sure you send some pictures! Stephie x

    ReplyDelete