Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Since I have received...

some lovely feedback about the room I featured here last week. I thought I'd share some more details with you all today.

Because the room is long and narrow I incorporated  a custom made desk and shelving units along one side of the space -







The bed and cabinet were purchased from Ikea and these occupy the wall opposite -



















The walls were painted green ("Gecko" to be precise!)  and the painting above the cabinet was commissioned especially. It looks fantastic and features, yes, mushrooms!

 Red and white accents -






















along with some special bits and pieces -





















make the room complete!

Yes, there is ANOTHER mushroom on the other side of the room -  well I do like to make things balanced!

Happy Wednesday,
Stephie x

9 comments:

  1. fresh & vivid colors! lovely images, Stephie! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful color of the wall. Gorgeous pieces.I like mushroom, gecko,monsters and pillows !
    All is amazing!
    Hugs hugs hugs !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what great open shelves, and i love that green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice. I like the ikea shelves, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love the custom desk! I have a room it would be perfect in....

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG girl looks amazing you know I do love a good Mushroom.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely vibrant colours,accessories are perfectly in tune with the style and colours and light of the room. Love the painting it finishes the room perfectly. The room has the effect of looking larger than it actually is well done fantastic job. :) From Karen Bungard

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone - I am glad you like it! Talk soon, Stephie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. looooooooooove the fact you are sharing this room with us!

    I missed your giveaway simple Mari told me but I had hardly any internet access in my trip!

    big hug for you my friend! :)

    lovely room!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete